Here is the key
The key here is NOT to attend the event looking for your next prospect, but to go with the mindset that you’re there to meet people with whom you can reciprocally refer business.
The goal is to schedule a follow-up meeting (a BAMFAM- book a meeting from a meeting) , often over coffee (or a bbg meeting - www.bbg.business) , to get to know, like and trust each other better and explore ways you may be able to help one another.
But this 2- to-3-hour time investment often isn’t nearly as productive as it could be. You both describe the value you bring to your respective clients and ask, “Who do you know that could use my services?” And… you both go blank.
Once you’re connected, here is how to proceed (and by the way, you can copy and send them these steps – they will be so grateful!)
click on See connections.
- Click on All Filters Titlesearch stringclick Apply
- Choose Locations click All Filters
- Make a list
- Review the list of names
- Send a referron - under notes merely mention the reason for the referral - referron does the rest. Referron will copy each networking partner and each person you’re introducing, in an sms message and
- Write an email or call the lead - be sure to follow up
NEW PERSON, I am looking forward to speaking with you and sharing LinkedIn insights that can help you grow your business. To make scheduling a call easier, here’s a link to my calendar: http://15withBrynne.co, Please pick a time that works best for you.
4. When the introduction is made, update the referron call to action that will let the networking partner know what the follow up has been.