It's all about building and having long term relationships with people you know like and trust and and who know like and trust you .
Following upon Bill Cates session on how to get more referrals , our June thinktank was on how to grow your referrals.
We came up with 7 key points
- Follow up on referrals - with referrer and referred (reliability) - say thank you - recognise and reward
- Attitude is key - be positive, passionate and giving (intimacy) - surprise and delight - people will mirror you
- Systemise your processes - work your networks (reliability) - nail your pitch (capability) - have a clear message. Have a clear outcome - clear usp - have a process of giving regular referrals - ASK for the referral
- Be trustworthy - reliable - do what you say , capable - do it well - be intimate - connect on a personal level and less of self - focus on other person vs yourself.
- Have a spirit of generosity - pay it forward (intimacy and self) - do your homework on people in the room - how can you help them. Give people what they want and you will get what you want
- Listen and learn
- Have gratitude - say thank you and mean it (intimacy)