Great commentary by Tony Jacobson firstname.lastname@example.org - Guru and Business Mentor
Dale Beaumont gave an outstanding presentation at the BBG Gala Breakfast in April. It was an incredible event where all attendees learnt a fortune, had the chance to network with likeminded individuals and were also served a wonderful 5 star breakfast.
These are some of my main takeaways from the event:
- One of the main points that was driven home was that every business person should have a coach. Just think Federer, Messi, Rory McElroy, even though they are at the pinnacle of their games, they all still have coaches.
- 85% of Aussie consumer are on FB
- There are 1 billion views on YouTube daily and it's become the 2nd biggest search engine in the world after Google.
- Gen y is 25% of the workforce — technology needs to be embraced in order for your business to stay relevant.
- There are amazing software platforms which enable your business to keep up to speed and differentiate itself from the rest of the pack:
- Playcelet - Great images to customise for your products.
- GIF images - Movement in emails and on websites lead to a 12% increase in “stickiness”
- Snippy - Makes a short link to content that you share. Now you OWN the link and traffic is redirected back to your website.
- Headline Analyser - Tests headlines in emails using algorithms that test their effectiveness. It offers suggestions and word replacements and a handy score tracker shows how much better your headline gets as you implement the changes. The improved headlines is also picked up much more effectively by the search engines.
- About.me - Fastest way to get website for a business owner – You need to be found by google and own the first page. The website is mobile, tablet and web enabled.
- • Shakr - Video is essential. At Shakr you can find 3000 pre-made video templates - takes two or three minutes to make brilliant videos which are becoming ever more essential for essential (duplicated) for ecommerce.
- A Good company intranet is essential. Google sites offers a superb free product. What you can upload is endless in terms of increasing productivity. For example, new staff spend first day watching videos off the intranet and therefore save many valuable hours getting up to speed in the induction process. It uses google search technology making it easy to find and access all the stored information. It also enables you to lock down certain departments so only the required staff members can gain access.
- Implement a task management software such as TEAMWORK. Email is no longer a productive method for managing complex projects. It only costs $6 per staff member.
- Using an intelligent CRM is critical. Look at Hubspot, infusionsoft and bitrix24.
- Snagit - Snagit is a screenshot program that captures video display and audio output. Originally for the Microsoft Windows operating systems, recent versions have also been available for macOS, but with fewer features.
- • Dialpad - Offers a secure, enterprise cloud phone system, business VoIP, toll free numbers, cloud PBX & integrations with G Suite & Office 365.
- • Fiverr - The world's largest online marketplace for freelance services, beginning at a cost of $5 per job performed, from where it gets its name.
- Re-marketing is critical.
- Only 2% of ecommerce transactions take place on the first contact.
- Only 3% of ecommerce transactions take place on the second contact.
- 5% of ecommerce transactions take place on the third contact.
- 10% of ecommerce transactions take place on the forth contact.
- 80% of ecommerce transactions take place on the 5th to 12th contact
- The Speed of your website is critical if it is to rank highly in a Google search. If your website is slow, google will reject you. Make sure you optimise the speed of your website.
For more information get your hands on a copy of Dale’s book “Secrets of top business builders exposed”. It’s a great read and a treasure trove of wonderful ideas.
Avant-garde International Consulting Group