Thursday, September 5, 2024

Procrastination - is a bitch!



Let me know if you can relate!!


Procrastination becomes a downward spiral!!! 

Ask me - I’m the king of Procrastination!!!


The longer I procrastinate on returning phone calls and emails, the more guilty I feel about it. 


 The guilt I feel causes me to avoid the issue further, which only leads to more guilt and more procrastination.  It gets to the point where I don't email someone for fear of reminding them that they emailed me and thus giving them a reason to be disappointed in me.  


Then the guilt from my ignored responsibilities grows so large that merely carrying it around with me feels like a huge responsibility.  


It takes up a sizable portion of my capacity, leaving me almost completely useless for anything other than playing the guitar , consuming chocolates , eating ice cream, writing blogs , becoming an expert in middle eastern politics ,  checking out Tic Toc  And surfing the internet like an attention-deficient squirrel on Heroine! 


At some point in this endlessly spiraling disaster, I am forced to throw all of my energy into trying to be responsible, just to dig myself out of the pit I've fallen into.


Who can relate? 


Inspired from a great find by Tanya Kaye 

https://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

No comments:

Post a Comment